Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eventually in the Future

Friday morning class we had Karen teach from West Palm Beach!  She was great!  My sister, Mom, and Aunt were just in West Palm and pretended they took a class and sent me a picture of the studio.  Funny now that I know the owner!  You missed out, she taught a great class!

Friday afternoon we watched old clips of Bikram on random TV shows like Merv Griffin, Good Morning America, and Johnny Carson.  It was really neat to see Boss in the same manner back in the seventies and eighties.  He’s trained so many celebrities from Shirley Maclane, Kareem Abdul Jabar, John McEnroe, Wayne Gretsky, Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga, you name it.  It reminds me of how fortunate I am to be learning Bikram Yoga from Bikram himself.  Can you believe that!  He was in the best shape too, he still is, you would never guess he’s 65.  We even watched the Today Show that was filmed here our first day, it was awesome!  Then, Adrienne and I took our picture with Bikram!  Wohooo!  

Friday night we started class with Boss so the most recent film crew could tape him a bit.  I’m not sure who was on deck filming today, but something about research and a documentary.  It makes me laugh because the film crew seems to have no idea what they are getting into when they walk in fully clothed to the hot room.  I revert back to sales mind and think ‘know your product’.  Before you know it, they are sweating like animals, chugging water, and taking film breaks in the first five minutes.  Even better, picture this, a few of the guys actually stripped down to their underwear to film us!

Then, Boss announced he had to go spend time with his family for his son’s Graduation AND that we have the night off!!!!  WOW!  That never happens!  Feroze then took the stage!  Feroze successfully has opened studios all over Europe but Brussels most recently.  His class was killer!  I was right up front and loving every second of it.  After class I thanked him and spoke with him for a bit.  He invited me and Adrienne to come teach for him in Brussels for a few weeks or a month or two!  How amazing would that be!  

Friday night Becca, Adrienne, and I had dinner and attempted to practice dialogue.  We didn’t quite get to dialogue, but it was nice to have an unexpected night off to relax and actually get a full 7 hours of sleep in.

Saturday was pretty relaxing.  I considered taking the make- up class for fun but then got too comfortable back in my room.  I took a great long nap after class to catch up on sleep.  I also browsed the job market back home.  I haven’t decided if I want another real job or if I just want to teach.  I’d love to just teach and teach and teach but part of me does miss the hospitality industry and not doing weddings right now – I know my hotel friends are thinking - whaaatt!  Everything always works out so I am going to take it day by day.

In the afternoon I walked down to Trader Joes to rehearse my dialogue out loud.  It was great practice!  I’m feeling pretty good about teaching a full class but still want to polish things up a bit before the 20th.  As I was leaving, I ran into Aimee, Sanchari, and Kerry (I think?) and hopped a ride back.  Thanks Aimee!!

I’m getting a little bit sad to leave.  This week I was ready to come home and asked Jason to kidnap me :) Now, I can’t imagine not being here and seeing the same people every day.  I looked down the line in class today, smiled to myself, and reflected on all of the great memories I’ve made with wonderful people.  It’s going to be so strange to look down the line at home, and not see Andrew, Dayle, Dee, Eline, Erin, and all of smiling happy faces of our group.  When else will I practice yoga with 430 people?  I hope to someday come back and visit future trainings.  Not right away, but, eventually in the future :)

Kara, Bikram, Adrienne.  WOW!

Chris!  I'm coming to take your class in New Haven this summer!

Jayson!

Johannas!

Standing Bow - Must lock out kicking leg!  So close!  It's killing me!

Standing Head to Knee

Bow Pose!  Thanks Mom for the new top!

Dee and Erin!  Group 18 rocks!

Sanchari!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment