Monday, June 6, 2011

West Coast to East Coast to West Coast

Saturday

11:30 am:  Arrive on the red eye flight from LAX to MHT.  What?  Here’s the story…

My Mom and Dad picked me up at the airport and I was so happy to see them!  We got to visit for a few hours and then I had to get ready to crash Stacey and Eric’s wedding.  You may remember from earlier in my blog, my best friend Stacey, had already planned her wedding for June 4th prior to me jumping on my yoga adventure in California.  She is the one that introduced me to the yoga.  A few weeks ago, I started to feel really sad and down about missing the Wedding and decided, with some help from my friends, that I wanted to fly in and surprise her.  

So I did.

4:30 pm:  Almost Wedding Time!  I met Cote a little early on site and started seeing some friends and family.  I was so happy to be there!  I can’t even explain it.  

5:30 pm:  Ceremony and Reception!  So much to say!  Stacey looked so beautiful!  Everyone did!  Eric couldn’t take his eyes off of her.  Stacey was so surprised!   I said ‘I’m sorry to crash your wedding but I just had to’.  Ha!  Stacey’s Mom said to me, ‘I knew you’d be here’.  I’m so glad I went.  Everything was just perfect, the ceremony, the toast, the first dance, the meal, the photo booth, Jacque’s cake, just perfect!  For some reason, during the toast, my mind wandered to yoga and I thought, ‘hmm, I could get up and teach a class to a room this size – 18 tables of 8 – no problem’.  I don’t know why I was thinking that but it made me laugh.  It was an amazing night, a perfectly classic wedding surrounded by wonderful family and friends.  I’m so happy for them and so happy I was able to be there and share this most special day.  I’ll remember it forever.  Congratulations!     
      
PS – because I plan weddings for a living, I would just like to say I did secretly contact the wedding coordinator beforehand to let her know I was ‘kind of’ crashing, but it was legit because I was invited.  I didn’t want the count or table arrangements to be off – so frustrating!

10:30 pm:  Randomly, one of my other best friends Eileen was out celebrating her birthday at Cotton!  She was supposed to be in Boston but decided to stay local.  So, I decided after the wedding to keep up with the surprises and pop in and see Jason a little earlier than planned, Eileen and her husband!  It was awesome!

11:30 pm:  Downtown for some more catching up with friends and lots of hugs!  Funny story – we ran into Natalie and Will!  It’s funny because my last night in town before training ran into Natalie at the same spot.  I said ‘I promise I’ve been in LA all this time!’    

3:00 am:  Late night breakfast at the Red Arrow Diner and then back the Airport.  Jason thanks for staying up with me all night and driving me to the airport as the sun was rising :) It was soooo nice to spend time together, even though it was super quick.  I didn’t want to leave.  

11:30 am:   Sunday, arrive back at LAX.  I don’t even remember take off, I fell asleep the exact second I buckled in on the plane at 5:30 this morning.  Good thing about training – you really learn how to sleep anywhere!

Sunday night was our Group 18 Dinner Party!  What a great time, I am really going to miss you all.  After dinner I started my birthday celebration with friends, a late night swim, and ice cream.  After such a great weekend, what more could I ask for :)

Monday – 6.6 - my birthday! 

Thank you so much family, friends, and yogis, everyone that have been so kind today!  So far, the average age I’ve been getting is 24!  I’ll take that over 31 any day.  It must be the yoga :) My class this morning was a little tough, perhaps because of the crazy west coast to east coast to west coast adventure I had this weekend.  I’m excited for tonight’s class and lecture to finish these last two weeks strong from all the energy I picked up this weekend!  

13 hours in the air, 1 solid hour nap on the airport floor, 24 hours in Manchester, 3 hour time difference, not missing Stacey’s wedding – Absolutely Priceless :)

The Wedding!  H-town!

Eileen!  Happy Birthday to you and then me!

From earlier this week - Northeast mafia!

Group 18 in the Hot Room

Group 18 Dinner

3 comments:

  1. So happy you made it out! Good luck the next few weeks. Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You filled the blog with the useful information. Yoga can be modified to suit all levels of fitness. Yoga has been proven to lower blood pressure and increases strength and flexibility. Yoga energizes our bodies and calms our minds.
    yoga bali

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete