Monday, May 30, 2011

Anne Hathaway Kind of Monday


After I demonstrated three Camel postures, I jumped up to take my place on the red teaching ‘x’ to deliver my dialogue.  Immediately I hear ‘Has anyone ever told you, you look like Anne Hathaway?’  Patrice Simon from Costa Mesa, our Posture Clinic Lead said. 

‘Yes!  That’s my most favorite compliment!  Thank you!  Noooow, we’re going to have a greeeeeaaaaat class.’ I said enthusiastically.

I started in on my homework of Pranayama Breathing and it went great.  I ended saying ‘that’s enough, standing series is over, turn around, lie down, and relax on your back for savasana.’ Everyone got a good laugh – if only standing series was that short!  I then did savasana, the sit-up, and camel pose.  It went great!  She said it was an outstanding delivery and the timing was right where it needed to be.  She said to continue to work on and speak more from my diaphragm, to conserve my voice.  

Monday night we had a great lecture from Dr. Choudhury.  He specializes in gynecology and obstetrics and is also a professor at UCLA.  He is like extended family of Bikram and Rajashree, they have been close for years.  He shared with us how yoga relates to reproduction and pregnancy.  We all just loved him.  He practices Bikram Yoga regularly, but made a joke that he avoids going to Bikram’s class so he doesn’t get called lazy or get yelled at :)  He dismissed us just before 10 pm – that’s unheard of at teacher training!  It was a nice way to end a Monday. 

Tomorrow Laura and Sara are here!  My teachers from back home!  I can’t wait!  Time to study a little dialogue and get a full 8 hours of sleep – if my body still knows how!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I'm a Bikram student from Sydney (Australia) and I just stumbled across your blog. I absolutely love it! It's such a good insight into the teacher training and it makes me respect my teachers so much more.

    And really, you DO look like Anne Hathaway!!

    <3 Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative blog.yoga is one of the good forms of exercises that can help to maintain good health and have plenty of energy.Thanks for sharing the helpful information.
    yoga bali

    ReplyDelete