Monday, May 9, 2011

Solid Concrete One Piece Lampost Unbroken


Louise and Norm are here from Nashua!  Yay!  I wasn’t expecting to run into Louise first thing on the morning commute to the hot room.  I was so sleepy I didn’t realize it was her at first!  I was so happy to see them both!  Becca too!  They are here all week too.  Heather, remember our days of Louise in Portsmouth!  Ahhh so much fun.   Elizabeth from Kansas City taught our class and she was great.  I made a point to thank her on the way out from class.

The anatomy test went well.  There were only maybe 2-4 questions I wasn’t 100% sure on so we’ll see when I get the test back.  I didn’t remember anything during lecture about red/white blood cells so it must have been one of my dozing off moments.  :) Otherwise, I did great.

In afternoon posture clinic I was tricked!  We had one last Eagle to present then on to Standing Head to Knee.  I usually help out and get up to demonstrate as one of the first three, to be nice to the presenter, and then we get into a rotation that after you present you demonstrate.  Although, I didn’t realize our teacher (Elizabeth from this morning) wanted to reverse it and have the demonstrators present exactly next!  Our group hadn’t done it that way yet.  Yikes, small panic, I hadn’t re-looked at the posture since this morning. 

So I was up to go third, and of course I knew it, solid - concrete - one piece - lampost - unbroken - I just had a moment of panic.  I’ve gotten into a habit of having ‘one last look’ before presenting so I had no choice but to break it.  Feedback – dialogue perfect, smiling happy face (again) but too much smiling happy face.  I can’t help it!  I love doing this!  So my homework is to work on being mean, especially in the standing series when the student’s minds start to wonder.  I don’t know how I feel about that.  I liked being the stealth killer – sweet and commanding.  Mean is one thing, commanding is another, so whatever.  I’ll try it / learn it / experiment and keep an open mind.  Otherwise, it was spot on.

Then, guess who surprised us and taught class tonight!  Diane Ducharme!  I love her!  I took her posture clinic last year at Bikram Yoga Manchester and it was also my Mom’s very first yoga class.  Remember Mom?  It was so great!  Diane is slightly famous in the yoga community.  She’s traveled all over the world doing posture clinics yet we’re lucky to have her on the East Coast in Massachusetts.  And, she looks amazing for her age!  Must be the yoga!  

I setup my mat with Ellen and Lucy from my group right up front.  They are both competing this June in the World Championships here in Los Angeles.  I can’t wait to cheer them on!  Oh right, our Graduation was moved from June 18th to June 17th, so we can be at the Championship if we’d like.  And, I’m pretty sure we get a free pass on that Saturday Morning class :) You should see how amazing their practice is.  It’s so inspiring!  I like setting up with them because I know I’ll kill myself and work my hardest to keep up.  It’s kind of like setting up next to Paul back home but even harder :) Ellen likes setting up together because she knows she'll get a smile from me every now and again to keep her going.  It was great class :)

Thanks for my letters Nona Maria and Shannon!  Anatomy week two lecture time! 

Oh Shari, the Vagus nerve, I didn’t really learn a whole lot other that it’s a cranial nerve that has the most far reaching effects.  :)  I’ll see what I can find out in my Anatomy book :) 

2 comments:

  1. You are hysterical! I thought I was the only person who always liked setting up next to Paul. Does he know he has a super secret harem of ladies who fight to practice next to him?
    You sound like you are having a great time! Can't wait to take your class.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I can't even picture a "mean" Kara! I like the "stealth killer" image :)

    ReplyDelete