Thursday, May 26, 2011

Balance


Tonight for Posture Clinic, we had Val from Pasadena again!  She was here a few weeks ago and we loved her.  We finished Full Locust pose right at 11:30 pm and she dismissed us.  For some reason, about half of us stayed and talked amongst ourselves for a bit.  Usually, we’re anxious to run out of there to study or sleep.  Before we knew it, one of the staff members came rushing in – what are you doing!  They are supposed to go until midnight!  Boss’s orders!  Instantly we all looked at each other panic stricken almost reading each other’s minds (oh my god I don’t know the next posture) then chimed in ‘let’s do it!’

So we did.  I was brave, having only about 80% of the dialogue down, put my perfectionist aside, and got up and ran with it.  Not bad!  It was comforting to know that even though I didn’t know the posture verbatim, I really do know the posture internally and the sequence of events to teach it.  It made me realize that if or when I forget the dialogue in a real life class situation, I can rely on what I already know.  It was a great learning exercise.  We all did really well!

My feedback for both postures was the best.  With Full Locust Pose, Val was happy that I listened to her feedback / homework from a few weeks ago and said I’m going to be a great teacher.  She saw the command and my personality at the same time.  Exactly what I've been struggling to find.  With Bow Pose - she said I was still commanding and strong even though I didn’t know the dialogue 100%, you wouldn’t have known.  Keep doing what you’re doing.   

I finally found my balance :)

1 comment: