Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trikanasana


Today’s posture clinic we were in the big lecture room with the stage and microphone headset!  I love it on stage, weird I know, but I feel more relaxed.  Even weeks ago way back at home, practicing with Pubali, she noticed I turned into a different stronger person on the podium versus the lobby.  So, I was excited to be able to present Triangle Pose Trikanasana – the Pinnacle of the Standing Series - right in my element.

I started in strong and even said the Sanscript.  At the setup of the posture, I looked directly at Andrew and said very seriously ‘why aren’t you doing it!’  It felt good.  In the middle of the dialogue, I was saying the words but was I distracted in my mind thinking what mean thing do I do next?.  Immediately, I looked at Efay watching from his seat and remembered our conversation from earlier this morning.

‘Kara, did you see the movie black swan’.  Um yah, I saw it opening week with my sister.  ‘You have the white swan down perfectly, and the black swan is in you, so let it out’.  Woah.  He was absolutely right.

As soon as I caught Efay’s eye in the crowd I finished the posture strong and proud.  Thank you Efay :)

My feedback from Michon was good!  Pace is good, the mean came out, command came out, I did my homework, but add more energy.  I thought about it after, and I think I was so focused on being mean that I compromised my energy a bit.  I can fix that easy.  He asked me why being mean was hard for me, and I said, ‘because I love the yoga, I love teaching, I love being up here, so it’s hard for me to not smile doing what I love’.  He understood.  He then said I’m ready for ‘distractions’ and to start correcting students.  Wohooo!  There are only a handful of us at this stage in the game so I was soooo happy to hear that.  I actually did notice what needed to be fixed in each three of my demonstrators in my mind.  It felt good!  After clinic, my fellow group 18 members had split feedback.  Some loved it, and some said they thought I was cold and mean and they didn’t like it – but cheers to me for doing as I’m told.   

Tonight’s class was amazing!  Bikram had one of his teachers demo full bow and full camel on stage – OH MY!  It was like nothing I had ever seen before.  He actually for the first time came down off his giant mirrored podium and walked around.  He stood right in front of my mat during Full Locust.  Chin on the floor - and I could all I could see were his feet exactly in front of my face – so close!  Talk about pressure.  Although, I do ask for it setting up right in front.  I ripped off the best Locust I’d had ever done like a 747 taking off!  It felt good!  He didn’t say anything so either he was distracted or he was just happy with my jet. 

Last night, Boss’s lecture only went to 1 am – not too bad!  We talked a lot about what makes people successful.  Oh and few ‘smart joke, intelligent joke, funny joke, dirty joke, triple x joke’.  We watched a bit more of where we left off the last movie – Mahabharat - and I immediately fell asleep.  The sleep police have stepped up their game and now come around with flashlights to wake us up.  Damn.  When does optional movie come back? 

One last note – June 1st starts the 30 Day Challenge at Bikram Yoga Manchester!  Do it – it’s a challenge for a reason so step it up.  I made a commitment to finish the last 10 days strong with you when I get back on June 20th.  That will make 109 classes for me, 30 for you.  If I can do it – you can do it.  Who’s in?  Maybe, you’ll even have my class :)

There’s always an easy road and a hard road.  Always take the hard road.  The path will be more rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment