Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Only Tuesday

I’m in a mood.  It’s only Tuesday and I want this week to be over.  My practice is gone - horrible - missing.  So far, we’ve had double posture clinics every day.  Translation - we present at least one posture a day but likely two.  Translation again – hard!  I didn’t even feel like doing my posture today, I just wanted to get it over with.  Yesterday I did Cobra Pose playing the role of an officer, my homework from Friday, and my feedback was to ‘lighten up’.  Okay.  Today, I lighten up and then I’m told to kill them.  Oh, and do the next posture like a stripper.  Whatever.  I’m getting tired of playing all these roles when I just want to be myself and teach yoga – if I remember what myself is.  I have to keep reminding myself that it’s part of it all - do as we’re told to find our range and see what we’re capable of.

I opened two letters today for an extra boost – thoughtfully from Marissa and Tom :) Thank you.  Also, over the weekend, huge thank you to Jennie, Lauren, and Jen Walters.  You all rock!

Not much blog time today – I have to go perfect my Full Locust Pose Stripper Style.

You have to go through the hell to get to the heaven ~ Boss

Update:  So I posted the above negative post before class and tonight's posture clinic.  Now it's almost midnight (early for us!) and my attitude has completely turned around.  Always the yoga makes you feel better :)  And, we had the best posture clinic!  First, Darlene brought in a full blender with what looked like mudslides!  Then, I couldn't stop laughing at Ellen's Swedish Bird.  Then, how great was the group massage party!  As difficult as this can sometimes be, I'm going to miss it :)  Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Kara! I hope you are feeling all of the good thoughts and positive energy being sent to you from BYM. All of the teachers have mentioned you over the past few weeks, and Mindy asked that we all send positive energy your way. So here it is- coming from your friends in the Manchester hot room. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan so much! I really appreciate it! I'll take the positive energy :) I'm back to myself today and feeling on top of the world. I miss you and the BYM gang! Can't wait to see you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i'm laughing so hard. dialogue stripper style. lmao! what does that even meaaaaan??!?

    i know a few people in the sex industry and they would deliver the postures the same as you and i, i imagine. unless they're a phone-sex operator...

    'Oh, and do the next posture like a stripper. Whatever.' priceless.

    ok, ok, i'll stop now. i'm much too amused here, as i was with your tiger balm post.

    glad to know you're in a much better mood.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete