Monday, May 16, 2011

Separate Leg Stretching


Kara……..Stop….….The teacher says a few lines into my Standing Separate Leg Stretching dialogue.  ‘Where is the bitch?’  Ohhh, I thought I could go back to smiling happy face again, no?  ‘No, go to the extreme, act like Bikram, you know the dialogue word for word, you’re comfortable up there, and I can tell you are the sweetest person here….now start again and say it like Bikram’. 


Alright, take two.  Can you believe I actually turned it on and yelled to one of my demonstrators, ‘Miss Pink!!  Touch your forward to the floor!!’  She did it, it worked!  Bikram always does this…Miss Black and Black - hips down more, Boss - elbows locked, Miss Blue and Blue - I don’t like anything hanging, Sweetheart – what is that posture what are you doing, Boss - you’re not doing it, push more harder’.  So, they still want me on the bitch path so I will.  I also realized throwing in an extra sentence was good practice for when I'm teaching and start making corrections or compliments.  The next posture, Triangle Pose - Trikanasana - has as a lot of good words to play with so I’m going to rehearse it that way.  I might even throw in a famous ‘I haaate lazy people!’

Class tonight was killer!  I setup right in front of Bikram’s line of site for some good old fashioned torture, right beside Ellen and Becca.  I was thinking that I better take in all of Bikram’s energy to play his role tomorrow.  I was sure to get yelled at, everyone does, but especially in front of him.  You should see it…or imagine it….there is usually a big empty hole up front because no one wants to be subjected to the torture.  Then, sometimes, when the teacher walks in and it’s not Bikram, yogis scurry to move their mats up front!  

All during class I was killing myself, pushing myself hard, beyond what I thought capable.  I was waiting, anticipating, and getting excited for what he might say to me… ‘Miss Purple and Black – kick harder’.  It wasn’t until the absolute end – Posture 25 of 26 Head to Knee with Stretching with both legs – I get ‘Sweetheart, elbows down more, chest down more, touch your forehead….(I did it!).…very good’.  Wow he said very good!  I was so so happy!  I’m ready to bring out Bikram on Triangle!

Delight the world with compassion, kindness, and grace.
 
(But, not during triangle)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Kara on doing so well with head to knee with stretching both legs - that is a tough one!!! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara~~ Congrats on touching your knees!! I know you have been working hard on trying to accompish that!!STILL you ARE a sweetheart NOT a bitch!! I dont get it but i know you will tell me.MOM TRUST THE PROCESS!!! LOVE ya and cant wait for you to come home!!keep blogging I LOVE it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara. Loving the blog! Your description of Bikram saying "Miss Pink" etc. totally reminded me of Laura. :) Keep it up girl. You are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete