Sunday, May 1, 2011

San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles

Week three starts tomorrow!  Our Monday through Fridays are so scheduled and so short on time, when you have limited time off on the weekend it feels like you can accomplish so much!  

Friday night was Mexican night with Dia, Adrienne, and Will.  We found a neat local place that was amazing.  Saturday we had our morning class with Mishaun, did a bit of shopping for yoga clothes and groceries for the week, and then headed out to Manhattan Beach.  It was a perfect beach day for studying, relaxing, beach yoga poses, beach massages, and gelato.  

Last night I studied for a bit in lobby and made some new friends.  I love listening to all the stories of how everyone found yoga and how the decision to teach came to life.  It’s so inspiring.  Steve, thank you for already becoming ‘sleepproof’ along with me, it was nice to get to know you.  Can’t wait to visit in DC!

This afternoon I took the trolley out to the beach to study and do some laundry.  Although, I read the real estate books and apartment guide while I was there instead.  There isn’t a huge difference in going rates than back home….Kathy Hutchins!  Are you certified out here yet!  You can buy a waterfront beach house same price in California as New Hampshire!  What!  Of all three major cites I’ve now visited out here, San Diego, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, Los Angeles is my favorite.  I do have much more to explore in the city but I just love the energy of the locals.  It’s so positive, outgoing, happy and sincere.  Just like the yoga!  

After I pretended to be in the LA real estate market, I spoke with my best yoga friend back home Eileen (wahoo!) and it was so refreshing!  Eileen, you re-energized me for like three more weeks minimum!  Bikram should station you in the lobby to lift everyone up whether they need it or not!  Thank you again for suggesting I keep a blog, you are my inspiration for writing :) (and also my inspiration for cobra pose, bhujangasana, but we already know that) 

After my laundry adventure I had a quick bite of sushi and Nutella ice cream to follow.  My cousins Isabella and Olivia did you know they make Nutella flavored ice cream!  Aunty Margie and Tamara, if you’re reading, let’s have some on Christmas vacation or even better, make it!  :)  Next, I hit the pool to relax and study.  The pool was about 93% yogis studying dialogue for the week.  I met some new faces, Binny, Sam, and two different Mikes – and spent some time with Adam from back home.  I can’t help but wonder what the non-yogi hotel guests must think looking around and seeing random backward bending and hands to feet pose, then likely having quite a few yogis recruit them to class.  We can’t help but share the yoga!  You know what I’m talking about!  

After studying / demonstrating / socializing for a bit, a few of us headed out for sushi.  I joined the Pennsylvania Mafia – Jill, Thane, Molly, Alex, Myleta, Ed, Kelly from New York, along with Johannas and Beau.  I’m addicted to sushi; I need or want to get my fix before heading home!  It was nice to meet you all and wrap up the weekend!

Today’s yoga quote to leave you with…”Having doesn’t mean anything, if you don’t know how to use it” – from Boss :)

PS – I’ll try to post pictures tomorrow - the Internet is currently super slow.

Saturday Morning Class Done!  Weekend!

Balancing Stick


Brandy, Kara, Adrienne

Lecture Night with Jim

Mexican Night for the Ladies, Thai Night for the Gents

Getting into Bow Pose:  Body down more, Stretch forward more, Kick back more, Kick harder.  The harder you kick, you can balance forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment