Friday, May 20, 2011

Tree + Toe

Thursday night we had the strangest class.  First Jim started the class because Rajashree was stuck in traffic, then Rajashree came in and took over, then, Bikram walked in from a GQ Photo Shoot, taught one posture and had to go, then Rajashree came back for a few postures, and lastly, Jim finished the class.  As Bikram says ‘You follow me?  You get my point?’  Wrap up – Jim- Rajashree – Bikram – Rajashree – Jim.  Weird.  All with very different teaching styles too.

I presented Tree Pose and Toe Stand together tonight!  One of our teachers (four total) was from Memphis!  I told him right off that I want to come visit, how I’ve visited Memphis twice, and how much I love Elvis.  I said ‘I know – weird!’  Everyone got a little chuckle out of that.

Feedback – perfect dialogue, very good.  He asked if I knew the dialogue before coming here and I said ‘not for this one’ with a smart smile.  I actually learned these two postures just the day before under pressure thinking I had to present them last night, but he was so impressed I decided to leave that part out :) When I went over to ‘fake’ turn up the heat (my homework/challenge from last posture) I didn’t miss a beat in the dialogue.  It felt like I did but they said not at all.  Pheww.  And, I actually gave too corrections!  The first one I said ‘excuse me’ which is not a good phrase to use, got it, but the second one I said ‘Chris, knee down a little bit’ and that was exactly what they were looking for.  Thanks Chris for playing along :) Next homework is to continue making corrections and continue to focus on the bold words in the dialogue for maximum emphasis.    

Just when I thought my feedback was through, I hear ‘Oh, and one last thing Kara, you turned the heat down, not up.’  :)

 
"Nothing happens until something moves" - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment