Friday, April 29, 2011

The show must go on

Week two is almost over!  Wow!  The time flies by so fast here, I’m actually going to be sad when it’s over.  

Boss’s throat was killing him last night so we had evening class and lecture with Jim.  I love him!  He owns the Bikram Yoga Studio in San Diego.  He has a great way of teaching class and keeping me focused.  It’s almost like a perfect balance of kill yourself and be gentle at the same time.  I had a great class, as always, in the evenings.

Jim’s lecture was just as great.  He said he wasn’t prepared to teach us, as he was just filling in for Boss, but you would never know.  My notebook (thanks Sara!) is filling up fast.  We were up until about 1 am but I could have kept listening to him I was so engaged.  His story of how he found yoga is incredible.  Adrienne and I keep saying how much we love training and how we are already sad to think about leaving.  I think we are in the minority there :) 

   
I’m also really enjoying learning more and more about the health benefits of Bikram Yoga.  It’s so much more than exercise, it works the hearts, lungs, glands, each and every organ of the body inside and out.  You can’t get that from sports, running, walking, or swimming.  Yoga creates the perfect marriage between each organ that work together to keep the body working normal.  It’s scientifically proven.  All at the same time, you work the 5 aspects of the human mind – trust, self control, determination, concentration, and patience.  All 5 aspects carry over into your daily life.


I can’t wait to teach and inspire students to become the best person they can be, reach your potential, inside and out, bones to skin, fingertips to the tops, with my smiling happy face :)

This morning’s class was absolutely brutal; I have to find a way to love mornings.  My body was like ‘sleeping in the cold storage, like the dead meat’ and I started to feel ‘dizzy, blackout, nauseous, throw-up’.  That’s good though, just means heart and lungs are getting along.  Then, halfway through class I realized I could see through my yoga top in the front mirror.  Dead meat muscles, pain sensation, see through top, doesn’t matter, the show must go on.  I’m trying to stay positive to get through the hard moments.
 
Monday we start in on Anatomy, Backward Bending, and Hands to Feet Pose.  I’m so happy I got a little ahead back home with the dialogue so I can focus on anatomy for the next two weeks. It’s going to pick up fast with quizzes, presentations, posture clinics, nonstop.  Bikram is gone all week, and I’m actually a little bit sad!  Never thought I’d say that!

I’ve had some wonderful letters this week from Aunty Ann and Uncle Bob, Adam, and Eileen.  Thank you so much!  Each one was so very thoughtful.  Eileen, I think of you in Cobra pose every single class and visualize me looking as good as you!  :) I can’t wait to practice together again very soon and then push you in floor bow :)  I will call you this weekend!  Aunty Ann, I exactly remember that day!   There is nothing more that I enjoy than spending time with my family.  Thank you for that beautiful memory.  Adam, you are exactly right.  I can’t tell you how many times, how many people, told me I was crazy to follow my passion and all the negative things that came with it.  Can you believe that!  Bikram says ‘It’s better to follow your own path imperfectly, than to follow someone else’s path perfectly.’  This is my path, and although it’s a struggle, I know it’s where I want to be.  

I will leave off with one of my favorite quotes we’ve heard from Bikram and Jim, “Anything you can do in this life, all you have to do is lock the knee” :)

No comments:

Post a Comment