Thursday, April 21, 2011

3:45 am

That’s right, 3:45 am.  Bikram dismissed us from lecture last night/morning at 3:45 am and sign in for our first class of the day is 7:45 am.  Surprisingly, I just got back from class and feel really good and super energized.  Before class, different story.  

I was hating the thought of going back to the hot room and leaving my comfortable bed.  I thought well, this is only the beginning so suck it up, think positive and get going.  And, thank god for my letters, I look forward to opening one each morning to help motivate me.  Today’s letter was from Auntie Tracey, thank you!  It was just what I needed.  Love you too!  The last two were from my sister and little Andrew.  

Classes have been going okay.  There are some classes when I feel great and normal, and others when lying in savasana I hope and pray with what’s left of my little energy that the beautiful chandelier on the ceiling will turn into a ceiling fan.  We’ve had some wonderful teachers, Jim, Juan, Emmy (86 years old and still can kill Bikram in class!), Marlin, and Bikram’s tough love class really pushes us.  He typically teaches the night class, and the morning we see a great rotation of the senior teachers.  I’m trying to take it all in and pace myself; each teacher has a different perspective, a different energy, but still we accomplish the same goal of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises.  I know I can learn a lot to bring back to my teaching style.   

Half moon presentations are going well.  Last night Bikram thought someone was selling ‘dialogue pills’ before lecture because everyone was doing so well.  I can’t wait to get up there!  I think before last night we were around 170 so we must be just over 200 by now.  Almost half way with half moon :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lots of information in that posting!1 Whew I still dont understand how anyone can function with so little sleep /: I NEED my 8 hours!! Good for you for pacing yourself ! I am soo happy the letters are a source of strength and encouragement ..mission accomplished!!! YaY!!! I wish i had a magic wand to turn that chandelier into the biggest ceiling fan everrrrr!! Love you xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Half Turtoise is equal to 8 hours of sleep! Yeah, right!
    Sounds like you are having a blast!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Donna! Good thing I'm doing two sets everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete