Sunday, April 17, 2011

The First Three Letters

This is the best most thoughtful gift anyone could have ever given me ever!  Thank you all!  I have no idea what’s in store and who participated but I can’t wait to find out.  When I’m dead tired in the mornings, this will motivate me I just know it.  

My mom instructed me to open the first three on the plane.  In the first two, she so thoughtfully calculated my process of making this decision along with my Dad, the reactions, thoughts, anxieties, and then filled it with love.  She knew this was in store for me, (I just knew it!) but she like all Mom’s, worry.  Thank you for always being there for me and encouraging me even when I doubted myself.  Even though you initially wanted me to stay in my comfort zone, you found your way to understanding and accepting what moves me.  I remember the expression on your face when I first told you, and all the words following :) What a turnaround.  Mom, Dad, I love you. 

The third letter from the Hatzis Family is perhaps the most unexpected and most amazing story ever!  Instead of recapping it, I will post it.  You will appreciate it as much as I do.  Needless to say, all three letters on day one made me cry, on the plane nonetheless :) I’m so grateful to be part of such a wonderful and caring huge family, it’s the absolute best!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kara! I'm so excited you're blogging about your experience. Funny, just a few moments ago I was thinking of you and how you were starting today (Christine mentioned it in class Friday night) and the next thing I knew Pubali posted about your blog. Yay! Have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment. BYM is thinking of you! Shari Daisy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kara!

    I was just saying to someone the other day, I wish someone would blog their experience so we can all see what the training is really like! I cant wait to read all about it! I hope you have time to give us updates!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah It worked!! I didnt know if i had to type in the distorted word again!! Yeah Now i can make comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara-

    I just watched the Today Show piece- You look GREAT! I spoke with you in class just before you left for training- you were nervous and anxious- but now reading your blog and watching you on tv, you seem so happy and confident- Awesome- you go girl- you make us all proud at BYM! Susan - A BYM classmate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I remember! Thank you for the vote of encouragement just before I left! And, thank you for posting such a lovely note. It made me tear up with joy :) I can't wait to see you when I get back! Hope all is well in the hot room! Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara-
    I hope you are feeling all of the good thoughts and positive energy coming your way from BYM. All of the teachers have mentioned you over the past few weeks, and a few nights ago Mindy asked everyone to send positive energy your way. We all look forward to seeing your smiling happy face in BYM! Susan

    ReplyDelete