Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in California

Happy Easter! 

This morning, we figured out our room connects with our friends Omri and Jay, fellow yogis from Brooklyn and Oregon.  We opened our doors and joked it was a now a honeymoon suite!  I asked Omri if he could help me move our armoire into to place because it was slightly crooked.  He looked at me and said ‘obsessive compulsive much Kara?’  Hah, it was driving me crazy but it was too heavy to move.  Now, ‘two feet are in one line’ (dialogue speak) and all is good. 

We made our way to Manhattan Beach via Trolley and enjoyed a lovely day in the sun.  Everyone was smart and no sunburns!  There is nothing worse than practicing in the hot room dehydrated with a killer sun burn.  Shannon – plums on the beach!  Sing it!  I tried to get a picture for you but I already ate the plum :) We practiced a little bit of dialogue and postures and also got in some shopping and relaxation. 

After the beach we treated ourselves to a nice holiday dinner – sushi!  It was the best sushi ever!  Nothing like back home!  I got to speak with my family, Sister, Jason, Shannon, Aunty M (I’m proud of you learning how to text!), Steph, Philomena and it felt good.  I got a little homesick but remembered 8 weeks will go by fast. 

Now its study time, relax, and mentally prepare for Week 2.  I can’t wait to present Half Moon tomorrow!  It reminds me of American Idol in a way, Bikram is like Simon.  I can’t wait!

Life is good :)

Easter Dinner at Izaka-Ya on Manhattan Beach

Kara and Leesann

Pfp for Sean - California Rolls in California


Brandy and Leesann.  A little bit of Becca on the left, and standing head to knee on the sand!

Omri, Anna, Kara.  Pale is the New Tan.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome! So happy you had some fun in the sun and relaxation time !! Week one down 8 to go !! What a way to start by presenting your posture!Cant wait to hear all about it and hear what Bikram has to say to you..he better be nice!!!! LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way..have i told you how beautiful you are lately??

    ReplyDelete