Sunday, April 17, 2011

I picked up a girl at the bar

What?!  So earlier this week back on the east coast, Brandy from Portsmouth and I met for breakfast, along with a handful of wonderful seacoast yogis and teachers from our state.  Thank you Sara for the invite!  So nice!

I got her text as I landed that something happened with her room reservation and she was planning to sleep in the lobby.  No way would I let that happen.  When I got to the hotel lobby, I found her sitting lonely at the bar, surrounded by luggage, and a huge bottle of water.  We hugged and I said stay with me.  I checked in and found my roommate was already here!  YAY!  I can’t wait to meet her, oh and I wonder if she’d be open to a third roommate for tonight?

Up to the 8th floor we go, and I knock on the door nervously.  I have not any idea who I will be living with for the next 9 weeks, so many thoughts running through my mind.  What if we don’t get along?  What if she doesn’t speak English?  How will we communicate?  What if she snores?  What if she doesn’t shower?  After my knock, I could hear her ruffle out of bed and run to the door and say ‘hold on a sec sweetie’ as she unlocked the deadbolt and opened the door.  

Immediately I think what a cute little yogi.  Leesann, from Palm Dessert California, do you mind if we bring in a third roommate in for just tonight?  In perfect yoga fashion she says, of course not!  The picture shows Leesann and I, then Brandy and I, snuggled in our bed.

We had a great first night and morning getting to know each other.  Leesann and I are a lot alike and I am so lucky we were matched up.  She already inspires me in so many ways.  To start, she’s 56 years old and is here!  Between the three of us, we setup an ‘intervention plan’ in case we see any of us trying to escape to the airport to go home.  Leesann, Brandy, I can’t wait to share this adventure with you!  

The letters



1 comment:

  1. OOPS i posted my comment on the previous page~ should have been on this page! I am happy that everything is running smoothly so far and i am proud of leesann for signing up for this experience Love that she is my age!!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete