Monday, April 18, 2011

The Today Show + Class One


Here we go!  First Class with Bikram himself!  I am so full of energy and have waited a long time for this!  We went an hour early to get prepared and acquainted with the hot room.  As we were setting up our mats, the woman in front of me had two towels.  She missed the announcement that we are only allowed one towel each.  I was nervous for her, I had to tell her, I didn’t want a fellow yogi to get in trouble. 
 
“Oh, it’s okay, I’m the reporter”.  What?  I said, and Jenna went on, “I interviewed Bikram for two hours this afternoon and he invited me to take class, I’ll take the risk if he yells at me”.  Ohhhh woah!  So many questions immediately flooded my mind, what was that like!!  Soon enough, she asked me if I’d be open to a before class and after class interview.  Um, yah Jenna!  Don’t you know that Anne Hathaway and I were separated at birth!  I’m her twin!  She also interviewed Adam from our studio and our new friend Andy from Budapest!  

So watch for us in the Torture Chamber, April 26th, at 8 am on the Today Show. Can someone record it for me?  I’m in hot pick shorts and a little black top.  I was setup right behind Jenna.  I hope I made the East Coast/Manchester/New Hampshire proud!

Oh right, I wanted to tell you about the class!  All I will say, is that it’s way hotter in California than in New Hampshire :)

9 comments:

  1. I Love It!! Already becoming famous!! Well Done!! Oh and hope the first class rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! I cannot believe it Kara!!!!!! Whew this is to much to take!!!! We will definiately tape it!! We will be on plane heading to florida on that day.... 6am flight :( ..i am sooo bummed! Maybe i should cancell my trip to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much hotter can it get!!!! Can't believe its hotter in LA !!! dont forget to sign in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I just sat down and read through all of your blog posts now. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I admire how well you have reached out to your friends and family for support and strength. Jack and I are wishing you the very best - and hoping you will help us with our own yoga practice when you return! Stay strong. Love, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Sister is Famous!!! Mom, i think she means the temp in LA is hotter than New Hampshire :) Miss you!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOw do i get it to say my name NOT jent551???

    ReplyDelete
  7. The temp is hotter outside and inside the hot room in LAX sistor! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi kara..i knew you would be discovered in LA! The today show is looking for a new anchor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. is 8 eastern, central or western time? thanx for blogging and good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete